Monday, August 4, 2008

More of Farm life

We have more farm stories to share. The other day we made apple pies, apple juice and apple sauce to make fruit roll-ups. I had the pictures but didn't bring my camera to the library that has the internet connection. I will post those later this week because we are going to do more apple juice, apple sauce and apple pie filling on Wednesday. I think the kids are getting sick of all the work we have to do on the farm. This morning they asked what was on the schedule and I said nothing unless you want to do more apple sauce to make fruit rollups with. They declined and wanted to go to the park. So we went after lunch. The park was good for a while until they got bored but the Animas River (which runs through Durango) was only 20 feet way. It was hot and so Parker, Madison and Paige went and put their feet in. Not one minute later, Parker was jumping into the river with a big splash and is know soaking wet to his neck. Madison sat down in the river on her knees and so she is soaking wet too. Of course the camera is at my mom's house. They did have fun but when the wind blew they were freezing wet with mountain river water on them. It was an adventure today. My computer A/C adapter died so I had to go buy another or life without the laptop would be just horrible on the way home on Saturday. Meghan spent four hours at the public library getting caught up on here emailing, posting and talking with friends. Meghan is the one who has been away from real-life technology for almost three weeks (who can blame the teenager from going through technology withdrawl).
We are having fun, but still a lot of work to do on the farm to help my parents. Stay tuned in for more pictures of FARM LIFE to come later.

No comments: