Monday, August 11, 2008

Apples, Apples, and more apples.





We picked 25 gallons of apples and that made a lot. I thinks this is the total count of production for the two weeks I was in Durango. We made three pies and one apple crisp. I brought home over 36 jars of jam (raspberry, strawberry and apricot), 12 quart jars of apple juice, 8 round tables of fruit leather (roll-ups), 18 pints of frozen raspberries. My dad's raspberry patch was doing very well this year. By the time we left, we had picked around 120 pints of raspberries. TONS! I also helped my mom freeze raspberries for my siblings in California, and my nephew froze some for his family in Rexburg. We also made jam for my brother. It was a busy two weeks and I think I forgot how much work I used to do in the summer when I was growing up.

1 comment:

Laura Z said...

Wow! You were sure productive while you were gone. Sounds like you had a great time and great "fruits" of your labors.